Please note: I hosted this contest before I made the move over the WordPress. When I did that, not all of my comments transferred over. This contest had over 1300 entries, you can see them here if you’d like.
I wanted to do something very special in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month here on Chic Shopper Chick. While I have never personally been touched by Breast Cancer, I am an avid supporter of finding a cure. You can support efforts by purchasing products that you normally already buy that are specially marked this month with a pink ribbon — partial proceeds from those sales will go towards finding a cure.
Dyson has released the new handheld DC16 Root 6 in Pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and they are committed to raising more than a million dollars to finding a cure this year. For every Pink Dyson vacuum cleaner that you buy, you will be helping to find a cure as $10 from each sale will be donated to the Foundation. These awesome vacuum cleaners are available exclusively at Target, but Dyson and Chic Shopper Chick have teamed up to give you the chance to win one here!
If you’ve never owned a Dyson product, you are certainly missing out. We personally own a Dyson Ball DC25 and we love it. My carpet is in need of a makeover, but since our DC25 has been around, it looks 10 times better, and that is no exaggeration. At least 2 visitors in the past month have commented on how good our carpet looks. About 2 months ago, Little AG knocked over a potted plant. I probably would have freaked out before owning the Dyson, but instead I had the sound mind to take pictures of it before I vacuumed.
Here are the pictures of it right after she knocked it over – please excuse the bags of clothing that I had by the door preparing to take to Goodwill. Next time she knocks a plant over, I’ll remember to move that stuff before I take any photos.
The Dyson DC16 in Pink is just as amazing, I’m sure of it! As with all Dyson products, the DC16 doesn’t lose suction, and with it’s Root Cyclone Technology it separates dirt, fine dust and debris from the air to handle quick clean-up jobs. The Root Cyclone Technology gives it twice the power and suction of other handhelds and it’s lithium ion battery enables it to charge three times faster too. You’ll never have to buy a filter — they are all washable and the DC16 is bagless. Are you in love yet? I am!
To enter to win your very own Pink Dyson DC16, follow the easy-peasy rules below!
- Visit Dyson’s Website and come back here and tell me what your favorite product is from there (besides this one!)
- Earn extra credit! You may do these for extra entries.
- Blog about this giveaway and BCA month and link back here. Tell me about it in a separate post.
- Subscribe to my RSS feed via email or in a reader and tell me about it in a separate post.
- Stumble my main webpage (not this post please, but www.chicshopperchick.com) and leave me your Stumble Upon name in a separate post.
- Favorite Chic Shopper Chick on Technorati (there is a “Fave this Blog” button in my right sidebar) and let me know about it in a in a separate post.
- Add me to your blog roll. Not just my button in your sidebar, I’d love to be on your blog roll! Let me know about it in a separate post!
That’s it! Good luck! Oh, and the official rules and legal jargon are below.
US entries only, winner will be chosen via random.org at the end of the contest. Winners are posted here and on Prizey Fetch, please leave a valid email address or blog address if you’d like to be contacted should you win. Winner has 72 hours to claim their prize. This contests ends at 11:59 pm CST on October 31st, 2008.