It seems as though the “ghost of Christmas fashions past” is haunting the windows, racks, and aisles of most stores. Has anyone else noticed it? The flannels, ponchos, plaids, stirrup pants…need I go on? Now, I was more excited to welcome back some of these looks than others. One of my top “trends revisited” is the Fair Isle sweater look. It just screams cozy, preppy snow bunny! But don’t worry, this year’s styles are remixed-think sexy, funky, and edgy. Now all you need is some ideas on how to style them into your wardrobe. That’s where my magic comes in….
1.Theory’s cropped sweater looks best when layered over something longer. The tee/tank always works, but try shaking things up by adding a patterned (striped or checkered) button down in complementary colors. Theory, at Saks.
2. This D&G number probably isn’t street ready…unless you um, you know, “work” on the street? A simple fix is a tank in black. For a sexy night out look, try a black bra or heck-channel your inner Carrie Bradshaw and work a colored one underneath! To keep this look from being too risque’, keep it calm with some simple black pants or waxed jeans. D&G, at Saks.
3. Cozy-sexy-cool is exactly how you’ll feel in this sweater-dress from Victoria’s Secret. Pair this baby with some tights and boots and you are ready to go! Victoria’s Secret.
4. There’s pretty much no way you could look anything but chic in this sweater coat. Well, unless you had on PJs underneath. But seriously, this coat works over any basic layers and just exudes comfortable sophistication. Banana Republic.
5. Old Navy got it right with this easy belted cardi. It works back to long sleeve tees in neutrals or bold colors-whatever suits your fancy-and comfortable jeans. Wanna kick it up at notch? Add some Wallabees for some serious old-school prep. Old Navy.
6. This sweater can pretty much stand alone as far as layering goes-it’s got you covered in all the right places. Mix it up with dark denim, army green cargo jeans, or try it with a swingy black skirt for a dressier look. Rag and Bone, at ShopBop.