It’s funny – when I first had domesticity thrust upon me roughly 8 years ago I did everything in my power to avoid cooking. I automatically assumed I wouldn’t be able to handle it or do it as well as everyone else, so I just decided that I didn’t like it. I did however, take kindly to baking – cakes, cookies, etc. Over my years of baking I’ve discovered that I actually am pretty good at cooking after-all – it’s like baking, actually, but not as strict!
As I’ve fallen more in love with cooking, I’ve constantly been on the lookout for tasty recipes that make my life easier. It aligns well with what Walmart tries to do for its customers – helping them to save money and live better. So when I was offered the opportunity to make an easy, delicious recipe on camera that would make my holiday a lot easier – I jumped at the chance! I can personally attest that this breakfast casserole is beyond delicious – you’ll love it!
You can check out the video below to see how to make it – it is perfect for Christmas, New Years, or really any time of year!
You will need:
- 1 can (16.3 oz.) Pillsbury Grands
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Oscar Mayer fullly-cooked bacon strips
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Kraft Velveeta Shreds
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup Daisy sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions (optional)
- Pico de Gallo (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly spray a 9″x13″ cooking pan with spray.
3. Cut biscuits into 4 pieces and place at the bottom of the pan.
4. Layer cooked bacon and Velveeta shreds over biscuits.
5. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, salt & pepper.
6. Pour over biscuits.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Garnish with chopped green onions and pico de gallo.
9. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This post was written as a part of my participation in the Walmart Moms. All opinions are 100% my own.