Among the many snacks and appetizers we had today, poolside, was this amazing bruschetta that you can easily make yourself! It serves 12, and boy is it delicious! All of our ingredients were purchased at Walmart!
- 8 chopped ripe plum tomatoes
- 5 chopped basil leaves (fresh)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 loaf of Italian-style (or French) bread, cut into diagonal slices
- Mix the tomatoes, basil, garlic, oregano, red pepper, salt, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. If needed, add more olive oil until the entire mixture is coated. Cover, and allow mixture to sit for 15-30 minutes for flavors to blend.
- While you wait, preheat the broiler. On a baking sheet, arrange the sliced french bread in a single layer and brown both sides slightly in the oven. Remove from oven.
- Place warm bread on a plate and serve with bowl of tomato mixture.
The perfect poolside snack for the 4th! Morgan loved it!
Happy Independence Day!
Disclosure: I am a Walmart Mom and this post is a direct result of my relationship with Walmart. All opinions are and always will be my own, because you know that’s how I roll. xoxo